Qatar National Library
QNL has reinvented its library services through the use of various media interactive devices providing personalised content at every stage of the visitor’s journey. The design of the interactive installations, applications, content and features are put into a much broader context expressed by the vision and objectives of the Qatar Foundation.
Brandfirst has equipped the library with interactive systems including 4 Media Walls, 11 double-sided Totems, 4 Augmented Reality Wayfinding Kiosks and 22 Touch Screens for the Heritage Area.
4 Media Walls are located at the entrance of the library. Their intention is to welcome visitors, similar to the reception desk. The Media Walls act as a great communication tool for:
- Promotional tool for events, library collections, books, authors, etc.
- Displaying practical information and communicating around the mission of the Library and Qatar Foundation.
- Teaser experience revealing different media topics, attracting young & old to discover related library assets.
- Entertainment through games and recreational applications.
- Live streaming of events within the Library.
- Access to custom information tailored to visitor’s profiles.
The alignment of 11 interactive totems offers QNL visitors an endless source of content presented in an innovative and intuitive way. This setup enables 22 people to interact simultaneously. The content has been tailored to the library services and applications, it includes the following features:
- Passive Mode (incl. Events, News, Authors, Videos, Choreography, etc.)
- Main Menu (Home, Language, Magnifier, Font-size, Tutorial)
- Content Browser (Public Catalogue Books, Authors, News, Articles, etc.)
- Wayfinding 3D Map
- Video Library
- Drawing Tool
- Souvenir Photo Booth
These four wayfinding kiosks provide QNL visitors with useful information and innovative guidance through the Library. The kiosks have been located in strategic spaces with large viewpoints on the venue. Based on augmented reality, users can see points of interests which are displayed on top of the live video stream of the background scenery. Touch a POI to learn more and classify them by category.
HERITAGE AREA TOUCH SCREENS:
The heritage zone exhibition area has been equipped with 22 touch screens, with the objective to enhance the visitor experience. A unique graphic interface, including a choice of various templates, has been designed for a variety of content (text, images and video) explaining the adjacent physical artefacts.Visitors are invited to explore and intuitively browse through the content. Similar to other interactive devices, the content is managed by the library staff through the content management system (CMS).
0Nationalities Working Together
International team composed of Belgians, Qatari, Indian, Pakistani, Syrian, Filipinos, South Africans, Germans, Italians, French, English, Americans, Egyptians, Lebanese, Portuguese and Dutch.
0°C - Maximum Temperature Reached
The temperature reached in Doha during summer time...
Team made of developers, IT, system & structural engineers, designers, UX, consultants, AV integrators, project managers.
0Miles Earned Flying to Doha
Miles earned flying Qatar Airways